Proper Waste Disposal
Bridgeway Property Management can help.
Every day, every one of us creates waste, some more than others. From recyclable items to food waste and packaging, there is a lot to be rid of. With everyone getting rid of trash on a daily basis, it can add up extremely quickly. It’s important that as a property manager or landlord, you make sure that your tenants are properly disposing of their waste.
What are the requirements?
- Every property or tenant is required to have three waste bins.
- A blue bin for recyclables.
- A grey bin for garbage.
- A green bin for compost.
- A conscious effort should be put into ensuring waste is being disposed of accordingly. All liquids and solids must be cleared from the containers before going into the recycle bin and any food debris should go into the green bin.
Why is this important?
- When getting rid of waste, it’s important to know that it’s never fully gone. Anything that goes into your garbage bin goes to a landfill that simply grows, and everyone contributes to it.
- Many things can be reused, so even if you can’t recycle your waste, you may be able to find a way to reuse your items.
- Recycling and composting is good for mother Earth! The less waste the better.
When getting rid of trash, recyclable items, or food waste, it’s important to do it the right way. Simply separate everything, and not only are you doing a favor to yourself and your neighbours, but to everyone in the community. A little bit goes a long way when everyone contributes to the greater good. If you’re a tenant, make sure you are doing your part to properly dispose of waste. If you are a property owner looking for help in getting your tenants to comply with proper waste disposal, why not contact your local property management company to assist you. Bridgeway Property Management can help.